X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Weergeven
Clear All
nieuwe berichten

Xaveer / viner team 1982

Hello everyone,

I do think that the British Xaveer / Viner cycling team was not formed at the beginning of the year 1982.

Can anyone say to me in what month was it formed?

I thank you in advice for the collaboration.

Greetings.
    Manuel

This a small article on the team, no dates are given, but I will contact Maurice Burton and see if he knows when the team was formed.

Many of these small teams were only formed at the last minute, just before the start of the season at Het Volk, Ged Dennis in the interview says that the team rode Het Volk in 1982, he claims he finished in the top 50.

https://www.veloveritas.co.uk/2022/0...-a-la-musette/

Opmerking

Edit:

I think maurice Burton told me that he never actually rode a single race for the team.

MB had far more experience of these kind of teams than the other riders ie they make all sorts of promises, but nothing ever comes of them, riders don't get paid, poor programme, the team just collapses, there were dozens of these teams in NL and BE in the 70s and 80s

Opmerking

I thank you very much for both informations, "Steponas".
        However, I think that Ged Dennis was not speaking truth when interviewed by VeloVeritas. At the french site of Mémoire du Cyclisme you can find the full results of the Het Volk and I couldn't find him or any other rider of the team.

If you have the chance of speaking to Maurice Burton, please confirm that he never rode for the Xaveer/Viner prof team and ask him what team he has ridden for in 1982.

Greetings.
        Manuel

Opmerking

The team was on the startlist in 1982.

Je hebt geen toestemming om deze galerij te bekijken.
          Deze galerij heeft 1 foto's.

Opmerking

Hello Willem,

I did appreciate and I thank you for the information.

Although in the start list, Glen Taylor never turned professional rider.
            The list shows that before the team changes its name to Xaveer / Viner it was Xaveer Coffee / Ciöcc.

When that changing happened it's now what I need to know.

Greetings.
            Manuel

Opmerking

Manuel,

Searching in the journals of 1982 I find Xaveer only two times and it was on the starting lists of Het Volk and Ronde van Limburg.

So nothing mentionned the changing of the name.

Jan

Opmerking

Hello Jan, I thank you very much for the information.
                However, I must tell you that its riders have been wearing 2 different jerseys in 1982: Xaveer Coffee / Ciöcc (until when ?) and Xaveer / Viner (since when ?)

Greetings.

Opmerking

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Azevedo Bericht weergeven
                  I thank you very much for both informations, "Steponas".
                  However, I think that Ged Dennis was not speaking truth when interviewed by VeloVeritas. At the french site of Mémoire du Cyclisme you can find the full results of the Het Volk and I couldn't find him or any other rider of the team.

If you have the chance of speaking to Maurice Burton, please confirm that he never rode for the Xaveer/Viner prof team and ask him what team he has ridden for in 1982.

Greetings.
                  Manuel
                  I did not believe Ged Dennis, he probably thought that no one could check the result. I will phone Maurice Burton today or tomorrow

Opmerking

Maurice Burton never rode for Xaveer-Viner or any variation of Xaveer in 1982, he rode for Campitello as a single-sponsored rider

Opmerking

I thank you very much for this important information, "Steponas".

Greetings.

Opmerking

It's hard to believe and regrettable that many riders don't speak the truth about themselves, "Steponas".
                        From a friend of mine I received two days ago a Maurice Burton's photo wearing a Viner / Xaveer jersey in 1982.
                        Only today I'm posting this remark because I've been away for the week end.

Greetings.

Opmerking

I have photos of Burton, Degasperi, Evans and Schils in a Viner jersey. Burton Maurice.jpg

Opmerking

And photos of Butterfil Galloway Phil.jpg , Devits, Galloway, Jagsch, Jennings, Meehan, Wellington and Wilkinson in a Xaveer-Viner jersey.

Opmerking

Maurice Burton told me that he never rode for Xaveer in 1982, but obviously his memory has failed him, another example of never automatically believing what riders tell you, after all it is 40 years ago.
                              Laatst bewerkt door Steponas; 27.09.2022, 15:14.

Opmerking

Bezig...
                              X